You have decided to abandon the dark side. You’ve bought an Android after spending the last few years with an iPhone. Well done. Now, what about all your contacts? One of the main reasons why iPhone users refuse to abandon the Cupertino ship is because of the so-called “Apple ecosystem”; And once you’re in, it’s hard to get out.
Therefore, after having explained how to transfer all the data to your new mobile phone, and of course, how to start with Android in case you have never used a terminal based on the Google operating system, today we detail, step by step, how to switch contacts from iPhone to Android smartphone, or how to perform the opposite process if necessary.
Although the process is simpler than it may seem at first glance, there are several options to transfer contacts from an iPhone to an Android, and they can lead to confusion for those users who have never used a device with the system. green robot operation. Without further ado, let’s look at two of the best and simplest methods to do it.
Switch contacts from iPhone to Android
There are two different ways to transfer contacts from an iPhone to an Android mobile. The first of them consists of carrying out the transfer manually through iCloud, and in the second – faster – we will use an application that allows us to carry out this procedure.
The Manual Way
Since if you have an iPhone, by default, your contacts will be stored in Apple’s cloud, iCloud , it is possible to access it and export the contacts in a file, which can later be manually imported into the new Android device. For this purpose, you need to consider these steps:
- From your Android phone, with the Google account already configured, access the iCloud website and log in with your Apple ID.
- A contacts tab will appear in the lower left corner. Access it.
- Select the contacts, and click on export as “vCard”. This will generate a file that will be stored in your mobile memory.
- Enter the Contacts apps on your Android. Access the settings from the sliding panel on the left, and click on “Import”.
- Now, select “.vcf file” and in the explorer choose the vCard file that was generated earlier.
- In this way, the application itself will allow you to choose which of the exported contacts you want to import to your Android, whether all of them or just some.
The Quick Way
How to switch contacts from iPhone to Android?
If, on the other hand, you prefer to transfer your contacts in a faster and easier way, and without having to resort to the tedious process of dealing with iCloud, you can do so using one of the many applications that exist for this purpose. Due to its usefulness, and more than proven operation, we have chosen Copy my Data, a free tool available on both iOS and Android.
Once the application has been downloaded and installed on both devices, you just have to follow the following steps:
- Open the app, both on your iPhone and on your new Android device.
- Make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the Copy my Data home screen on your iPhone, select the “To or from Another Device Over Wi-fi” option.
- You will see that a wizard appears in which you can choose what data you want to pass. Mark only contacts.
- The app will ask you for the iPhone security code. Once entered, you just have to select the Android device you want to transfer the contacts to.
Once the process is complete, all the contacts you had stored on your iPhone will be available on the Android device, including all data such as names, surnames, phone numbers and email addresses. That easy. Now you just have to make sure you don’t lose contacts along the way the next time you buy an Android smartphone.
If you have decided to carry out the opposite process, that is, transfer your contacts from an Android mobile to an iPhone, the steps to follow are extremely simple if your contacts are saved in your Google account.
As Apple itself explains on its support website, the iPhone software allows you to retain contacts stored on Android thanks to compatibility with third-party email providers. To add the Google account in which you have your contacts stored on Android to your iPhone, you must follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and then access the Passwords and accounts section.
- Tap on Add a new account (if you have not yet entered your Google account), or tap on the Google account in which the contacts are located.
- Activate the Contacts switch within the Google account settings panel.
1. How can I switch my contacts from iPhone to Android using iCloud?
Follow these methods to move your contacts from iPhone to Android using iCloud:
- • Open the iCloud website on your Android smartphone and sign in using your Apple ID.
• Select the “Contacts” tab.
• Select the contacts to be transferred and save them as a “vCard” file.
• •Open the Contacts app on your Android device, click to settings, and pick to import a “.vcf” file, then choose the vCard file you created.
2. Is there a quicker way to move contacts from iPhone to Android that does not need iCloud?
- Yes, you may use apps like “Copy my Data.” This is how it’s done:
• Download and install the Copy my Data app on both your iPhone and Android smartphone.
• Check that both devices are linked to the similar Wi-Fi network.
• On your iPhone, open Copy my Data, select “To or From Another Device Over Wi-Fi,” select contacts, and enter your iPhone security code.
• When you choose your Android smartphone, the contacts will be synchronized.
3. What information will be sent if I utilize the “Copy my Data” rapid method?
When you choose “Copy my Data,” all of your contacts’ information, including names, surnames, phone numbers, and email addresses, is copied from your iPhone to your Android smartphone.
4. How can I switch my contacts from Android to iPhone if they are stored in my Google account?
If your contacts are saved in your Google account on Android, proceed as follows:
Navigate to the “Passwords and Accounts” section of your iPhone’s Settings.
touch on “Add a new account” (if you haven’t already), or touch on your current Google account.
Turn on the “Contacts” option in the Google account settings window.
5. Can I move contacts from an Android phone to an iPhone without a Google account?
If you do not have a Google account, you may need to manually export your contacts to a file before importing them into your iPhone. The approach may change depending on the Android device and applications used.
6. What steps can I take to avoid losing contacts in the future while moving from Android and iPhone?
Back up your contacts to a cloud service or export them to a vCard file on a regular basis to minimize contact loss while switching between Android and iPhone. You may then easily transfer them to your new smartphone.
Contacts transfer from iPhone to Android does not have to be tough. Whether you choose the manual route via iCloud or the faster method using apps like “Copy my Data,” you can easily move your contact information. Migrating from Android to iPhone is also straightforward if your contacts are kept in your Google account. By following the specified processes, you may ensure a smooth transfer without losing any critical contact information. Remember to regularly back up your contacts to make future migrations even easy. Accept your new smartphone knowing that your connections will be there to help you